Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Family Drive

Yesterday I fed the kids breakfast, and then lunch, and then we all went for a drive.  Well, when Sydney eats sweet potatoes, she gets really lethargic and limp, and then she throws up.  Both times this has happened, sweet potatoes were a "right-before-bed" food, but by the next morning she would be completely back to her old self again.  Well, after she ate lunch yesterday (first time eating a fruit medley"), she started acting really limp and lethargic.  I thought maybe she was just tired, so we threw the kids in the car for a drive, and hoped that the car ride would put her to sleep.  About 10 minutes out, she threw up all over herself and the car seat!!  I still was thinking, "She didn't eat any sweet potatoes, so this must be a bug that she's caught from one of her cousins... dang it!"  We drove home, and after she snuggled with me for an hour, she got up and was back to being herself again.  Weird, huh?  There must have been something in that fruit medley that she hadn't had before and that she was allergic to... hmmm.

Because of the difficulty of trying to get the material off of that car seat two or three times in the past (when Charlie's spilled smoothie all over it when it was still HIS car seat), I refuse to do it this time!  I'd had it with that stupid car seat, and I would not take it apart again!  So... I splurged.  I took Charlie on a little outing last night, and we went on a hunt for a new car seat for Sydney.  We went to Target, Walmart, and finally ended up at Baby's 'R' Us.  I'm so happy with the car seat we ended up with!  It's pink, and has butterflies all over it!!!  I LOVE IT!!!  Yay for girls!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that nice? I love Georgianna's pink carseat. It makes me feel so happy every time a take a look at it. Almost like, Aaaah, this is what little girls are made of...

    ReplyDelete