Well, earlier this week, one evening Charlie was looking out the window and mentioned monsters, so David asked him what he should say if he saw a monster. Charlie answered, "Daddy, I see monsters out the window, and I say, 'Go away in Jesus' name', and then the monsters run away reawwy reawwwy fast!" Then he squinted while he tried to make his voice sound as grown up as possible, "And then they go and eat worms and bugs and stuff." The look on his face told us that having to do that would be the worst punishment for anyone.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Another Charlie-ism
Lately Charlie's been talking more and more about monsters. A couple of weeks ago he said, "When I see a monster, mommy, I will run reawy (really) fast, right?" I asked him why, and he said, "Because monsters will try and get me." So I thought about it for a few seconds, and then I looked at him straight in the eyes, and said, "Charlie. If you ever see a monster, this is what you do." His attention was completely captured. "If you see a monster, or hear a monster, all you have to do is say, 'Go away in Jesus' Name!!'" I had him practice saying it a few times, and then we showed Daddy at dinner time. Over the past few weeks we've periodically asked him what he's suppose to say if he sees a monster. He always answers confidently (and loudly... lol) saying, "Go away in Jesus' name!" What can I say? I think Charlie is pretty excited about this new found phrase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment