This day was actually a very pleasant one. After doing our morning chores, we packed up the kids and went to the store. We wandered up and down the isles... in no hurry. Charlie kept seeing balloons here and there and kept shouting, "Mommy! Daddy! Balloooooooonn!!" So... when we reached the area with flowers and balloons, we let him pick out a balloon for Theo. David and I chose four single stemmed roses (as that is our tradition) along with a small plastic "I Love You" on a stick. (I'm hoping next year I'll actually remember to take a picture or this. So far I've been too emotional and wrapped up in the moment to remember to get my camera out.) Anyway, they were beautiful roses. A red one, a white one, a pink one, and an orange one with darker rusty tips. Together and individually they were perfect!
We left the store, and headed up to Theo's grave. This was the first time Charlie was able to help us place the roses on the grave. It was soooooo special. However, first we let Charlie put his "Happy Anniversary" balloon (he picked it out) into the ground on the rim of Theo's grave stone. The balloon was a small one on a stick, and it stood there so beautifully. Then we placed the little "I Love You" thing in the ground. And finally we laid each of the roses on Theo's grave itself. We all bowed our heads, as David said a little prayer of thanks for the time we had Theo in our lives, and he thanked God for His promise that we would see Theo again in Heaven some day. It was perfect.
On our way home, our kids fell asleep in the car... so we just decided to drive around for a couple of hours. So we did. It was such relaxing end to our day. David and I were able to just talk about our future, the past, what we like and don't like about our present situation, and how to possibly change the things we don't like :-) So we ended the day feeling so... ummm... in unity again with one another. Like I said... it was the perfect ending to a pleasant day.
No comments:
Post a Comment