Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Adventures of Charlie ~ Episode I

I was sick sick sick on Christmas, and it got worse. On Saturday it got so bad that I felt like I was going to DIE! I knew God was stretching me to my limits when Charlie decided to play "lets make a soup in the toilet". He put a whole bar of soap in it, and then proceeded to flush and flush and flush the toilet.... which predictably overflowed all over the floor! We tried plunging, but it was no use... it was STUCK. David and I were both sick at this point, so we had NO energy to do anything about it (except to mop it all up and sanitize the surface of everything). So we just used the upstairs bathroom for the next couple of days. However, Charlie got into the bathroom AGAIN on Sunday, and flushed the toilet again. That caused another flooding of our bathroom which we cleaned it up and sanitized AGAIN. Monday morning David awoke to the sound of giggles and the faint sound of splashing. Yes, you guessed it! They had overflowed the toilet again! And this time they were splashing around in "it". Yuck!! This was the last straw! In the end, the three Martin guys ended up having to take the toilet completely off in order to get the bar of soap out of it. So now... now we have a working toilet again! It's times like these that make you appreciate the small things in life... ahhh, toilets (lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment