Wednesday, August 25, 2010
39-Week (and 1 Day) Prenatal Appointment
Well, I went to my prenatal appointment today. I'm 39 weeks and 1 day along in my pregnancy. Nothing has changed since last week's appointment. I'm still 80% effaced, 3cm dilated, and the baby is super low (at "0"). So... it's just a waiting game now. Ugh. I thought I'd have dilated at least one more centimeter since last week, due to all of the crampy contractions I was having on Sunday and into Monday morning. My midwife told me, however, that it's more common to have crampy contractions when you have had multiple children already, and have taken care of them all day. So that could have caused it. Yes, I'm disappointed, but I also realize that I'm only 39 weeks along (not even at my due date yet). And I despite how I emotionally "feel", I know and believe that God can see the bigger picture and that I can't. He sees how the baby is growing, He sees people's schedules, and He will orchestrate everything to work out exactly how He knows is best. I truly believe this, and it's a comfort to my impatient heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment